To encourage and fortify relationships between military service members, veterans, their families, their friends, and their Country; to nurture the path of communication for everyone, ensuring that no one is alone or left behind; and proving that we have not, are not, and will never forget the nobility of their sacrifices.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Letters From Students

Ever wonder what kinds of questions seven and eight year olds have for our deployed service members? A teacher at the local school and one of my biggest supporters had her 2nd/3rd grade combo class write letters this week. I enjoyed reading them so much I thought I would share my three favorite letters before I mail them off.

Dear Soldier,
     Do you have a riot shield? And maybe a pistol? Have you used a rocket launcher? Where are you stationed? Do you drive a tank?
     Sincerely,
       Bryson

Dear Soldier,
     I think you are awesome! Do they actually make oozies? Are you in the Navy? Are you married?
      Sincerely,
         Kaiden

Dear Troop,
      Thank you for serving our country. Dude (ette), you are AWESOME!!! Where are you stationed? What weapon do you operate?
      Sincerely,
         Nick

No comments: