To encourage and fortify relationships between military service members, veterans, their families, their friends, and their Country; to nurture the path of communication for everyone, ensuring that no one is alone or left behind; and proving that we have not, are not, and will never forget the nobility of their sacrifices.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Just A Reminder Words Are Powerful

There is a fantastic article posted at YouServed.com by LL called Letters From Home about a letter her father received while serving in Korea back in 1975- 1976. It is one of many examples of how important words can be. I know I have received several letters of troops telling me how they hang the letters we send over their bunks, or read them after a particularly bad day to help remind them what they are fighting for, and that we care. It is a little piece of home they can touch, because even if they don't know you, they are fighting for you. You should say thank you.

I like, LL encourage you to write something, anything, to a soldier. If you'd like to send it yourself, I recommend Anysolder.com or you can send it to me, and I will happily combine it with the letters I send. It really doesn't take but a minute, so do it.

No comments: