To encourage and fortify relationships between military service members, veterans, their families, their friends, and their Country; to nurture the path of communication for everyone, ensuring that no one is alone or left behind; and proving that we have not, are not, and will never forget the nobility of their sacrifices.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kid Wisdom

Anyone who has spent anytime with children knows they are full of little bits of wisdom you can't find anywhere else. Here is an example from my son Aidan,
"Mom, when we send letters, pictures, and packages to the soldiers fighting the bad guys, are we doing Santa's work? Would that make our love that we put in the packages the magic?"
Normally Aidan makes me laugh with his wisdom, but this one made me teary eyed. He might be in the body of a 4.5 year old, but sometimes I think he is much much older. It is this kind of wisdom that makes me wonder what kind of man he will be. No matter what he does, I am already one of the world's proudest moms.

No comments: