To encourage and fortify relationships between military service members, veterans, their families, their friends, and their Country; to nurture the path of communication for everyone, ensuring that no one is alone or left behind; and proving that we have not, are not, and will never forget the nobility of their sacrifices.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Marine Hero Who Makes The Ultimate Sacrafice

I recently heard someone (I wish I could remember who) say, "A true American Hero doesn't fight for his Freedom. He fights for others Freedom."
Castra Praetoria is a blog I read frequently, and the 1st Sgt's memories of a True Marine, Corporal Joe Wrightsman, who gave the ultimate sacrifice is a story everyone should read. Please read it here, because the best way to honor those who have given the ultimate sacrifice is to remember.

4 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

Yep, we actually loose a lot of our freedoms at times "fighting" for freedom and stuff.
Some of us actaully "fought" just to keep our friends and other solders etc safe.

Unknown said...

I really liked the quote, because I never thought of how those who fight for Freedom actually give their Freedom up doing so. Men like Corporal Joe Wrightsman who give up their lives deserve our utmost respect.
And those who make it back, like you, definitely deserve a Thank You and a cup of coffee.

Spockgirl said...

Thank you for the link to that post. I am wondering if I may add a link to your blog on mine, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the military, nor am I American, but I hope it might open up other people's eyes...

Unknown said...

Spockgirl~ If one person takes a moment to really think after reading something I've written, then I have accomplished my goal. Please Link away.