To encourage and fortify relationships between military service members, veterans, their families, their friends, and their Country; to nurture the path of communication for everyone, ensuring that no one is alone or left behind; and proving that we have not, are not, and will never forget the nobility of their sacrifices.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Marine's Gratitude

This morning I got the following letter from SSgt. W. a Marine currently serving in Afghanistan. I wanted to share.
Ms. Divine, 

I just wanted to say thank you for your package that was received today.

Knowing that we are loved and supported is half the battle and reminds
us what we are fighting for. 
I personally love going through pictures that kids have sent in.  It
reminds me of my own children. 
Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of wall space to display them
proudly.  But I am going to put them on display in a binder or on a clip
board.  Thank you for your kind words. 

Have a Merry Christmas and A happy New Year. 

Semper Fidelis, 

SSgt W
SSgt W's letter illustrates how important it is for Americans of all ages to support our troops anyway we can. It means the world to them, to know WE care and they are NOT FORGOTTEN. I encourage you to make an extra Christmas card this year and send it downrange, or send it to me and I'll make sure it gets into the hands of a service member. It only takes a moment, and it means more than you'll ever know.

Remember.... Their Sacrifice. Our Freedom.

No comments: