To encourage and fortify relationships between military service members, veterans, their families, their friends, and their Country; to nurture the path of communication for everyone, ensuring that no one is alone or left behind; and proving that we have not, are not, and will never forget the nobility of their sacrifices.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

MARSOC in Afghanistan

Easter has always been a time of family in my house. As a child it was a time to gather up all of the cousins, eat lots of candy, and play Star Wars with my male cousins. Yeah... I was always Princess Leia. I realize I am in danger of exposing my age when I say, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi are some of the best movies... evah!  I have no idea what the grown ups would do, but what I do remember was everyone was there. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents, even friends who lived too far away to be with their own families.

While looking around I found this picture, which reminded me not only of My Marine Master Jedi, but of every soldier who is away from their family on this day. I know I am not alone as I send a prayer out for our troops, and I know you will do the same.  

MARSOC in Afghanistan



No comments: