To encourage and fortify relationships between military service members, veterans, their families, their friends, and their Country; to nurture the path of communication for everyone, ensuring that no one is alone or left behind; and proving that we have not, are not, and will never forget the nobility of their sacrifices.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Best Christmas Present This Year...

The best Christmas present this year was a phone call from Afghanistan on Christmas Day from a Marine. This Marine told me how the artificial tree I'd sent brought Christmas to Afghanistan. The wrapped presents under the tree were a bonus. This particular Marine received 3 wrapped Nerf guns, among other random items. He told me how he gave the Nerf guns to his friends. After one friend unwrapped it he was so excited shouting, "I ALWAYS WANTED A NERF GUN WHEN I WAS A KID. THIS IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVAH!" The Marine shared other stories with me involving the Nerf guns and his friends, promising me pictures when he gets back to the States.

This morning I got an email from the Marine. In true Marine style it was short, only containing one sentence. It said, "Thanks again for everything you sent it definitely helped make Christmas and I really appreciate it!"

You and your friends are most welcome Marine. Thank you for all the sacrifices you make for US.

SEMPER FI

2 comments:

soniaroads said...

absolutely beautiful kristina you are the biggest inspiration evah!!! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Sonia. It's stories like this I love. Giving a Marine his best Christmas present makes me love what I do!