To encourage and fortify relationships between military service members, veterans, their families, their friends, and their Country; to nurture the path of communication for everyone, ensuring that no one is alone or left behind; and proving that we have not, are not, and will never forget the nobility of their sacrifices.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Future...

I hope everyone enjoyed a fantastic Thanksgiving Day with their Family, Friends, and Loved ones. I know I did. I was even blessed with a quick chat from a friend in Afghanistan, which really made my week.

Looking towards the future there are a few things to address...

First Nick Moody's trial is set to start Monday, November 29th. I plan on posting whatever information I can find for updates. If you run across information I don't have please email me.

Also slated for Monday, November 29th at 9pm Eastern on the National Geographic Channel is the premier of Restrepo which is the film that accompanies the book WAR by Sebastian Junger. I have not seen the movie yet, but have read the book, which in my opinion is one of the best books I have ever read dealing with Afghanistan. The book also chronicled SSG Sal Giunta's actions in which he was awarded the Medal Of Honor.

There are some administrative changes happening at Words For Warriors as we are working towards getting our non-profit status. There will be updates and changes made to the blog and our activities as time progresses. We are hoping this growth will give us the power to reach more people.

No comments: